Taken from 'Baking and Desserts' cook book - Tasty Tip ; Why not repace the breadcrumbs with the same amount of desiccated coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Make the pastry by placing the flour, butter and white vegetable fat in a food processor. Blend in short sharp bursts until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Remove from the processor and place on a pastry board or in a large bowl.
- 2Stir in enough cold water to make a dough and knead on a floured surface until smooth and pliable.
- 3Roll out the pastry and use to line a 20.5 cm loose-bottomed fluted flan dish or tin. reserve the pastry trimmings and decoration. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, to make the filling, place the golden syrup in a saucepan and warm gently with the lemon rind and juice. Tip the breadcrumbs into the pastry case and pour the syrup mixture over the top.
- 5Roll the pastry trimmings out on a lightly floured surface and cut into 6-8 thin strips. Lightly dampen the pastry edge of the tart, then place the srips across the filling in a lattace pattern. Brush the ends of the strips with water and seal to the edge of the tart. Brush a little beaten egg over the pastry and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lattice Treacle Tart
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.0 mg
- Sodium 238.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g