Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this not long ago, this is from the Dole website. This was fantastic, so easy to make and so so so tasty, if you like pineapple you will love this.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, Dole undrained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- Combine crushed pineapple, sugar, cornstarch and salt in saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened and clear.
- Stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour filling into unbaked 9-inch pastry shell.
- Cut remaining pastry into 1-inch wide strips for lattice top.
- Weave strips crisscross over pie to make lattice top.
- Pinch edges.
- Bake at 400°F., 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
This is my husband's favorite pie. He is diabetic, so I make it using Splenda and it turns out wonderfully!
Very nice pie!! Easy to fix, and great tasting. Also with ingredients we always have on hand. I took this to a church function and it was well received, had a little left over and when my husband came home he headed right for it. He gave it a big thumbs up!! Will definately make this again!! Thank you for a good recipe.
This was a great pie recipe, so simple and so favorful. I will definitely be making this one again.