Recipe by GRECORICAN
I made this not long ago, this is from the Dole website. This was fantastic, so easy to make and so so so tasty, if you like pineapple you will love this.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, Dole undrained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crushed pineapple, sugar, cornstarch and salt in saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened and clear.
- Stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour filling into unbaked 9-inch pastry shell.
- Cut remaining pastry into 1-inch wide strips for lattice top.
- Weave strips crisscross over pie to make lattice top.
- Pinch edges.
- Bake at 400°F., 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.