Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very good pie. I got the recipe years ago out of a cookbook, but I don't know the name of it. You can use unsweetened frozen cherries if you prefer. I usually do use the frozen cherries.
- Drain cherries.
- Carefully mix cherries with next four ingredients.
- Pour into a 9" pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot with butter.
- Roll top crust and cut in strips.
- Weave strips on top of pie.
- Flute edges.
- Brush top with some of the egg.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.