Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious coffee type cake prepared in a Bundt pan. Use a cinnamon or vanilla icing.
- 73.94 ml instant coffee
- 118.29 ml hot milk
- 354.88 ml sugar or 45 (45 g) packet Equal sugar substitute
- 314.66 ml butter (softened)
- 4 eggs
- 631.69 ml flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- In a small bowl combine coffee and hot milk and set aside.
- In a food processor or large mixing bowl, mix sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in Flour, baking powder, salt and coffee mixture, mix well.
- Fold in nuts, pour into prepared pan, bake at 325 for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cinnamon or Vanilla Icing.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup confectioner's sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or vanilla (your choice). Stir enough milk (4-5 teaspoons) to thin icing to drizzle consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Very nice taste to this cake, I found it a bit dry without the glaze, the areas where the glaze was absorbed was amazing, so my sweet tooth tells me to make more glaze, I will try it again that way, but very good flavour!
Made this for PAC 06. Wonderful cake !!! Thanks George I used sugar not equal. I love the coffee taste.