1/1 Photo of Latte Macchiato - 3 Layered Coffee
Sitting in a sunny street cafe, watching people passing by and sipping a good mug of coffee - do you like it as much as I do? Last summer I couldn't get enough of Latte Macchiato (blotchy milk), a wonderful milk coffee from Italy which is very popular in Europe right now. As it is very expensive in the street cafe, I tried to prepare it at home and succeeded. It is no fuss to make if you follow the instructions. Most important for the layered look is to pour the espresso slowly into the foamy milk. Make sure to use heavy glasses which won't break when filling in the hot liquids. Enjoy the summer feeling!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk in the microwave or in a saucepan over medium-high heat (do not boil).
- 2In the meantime prepare instant espresso according to package direction.
- 3As soon as the milk is hot give it into a blender or food processor and blend on high for 40 seconds or until the milk has a velvety milk foam.
- 4Fill glasses up to 2/3 with milk foam.
- 5Now pour hot espresso VERY SLOWLY into the foam, I suggest to pour it from the rim.
- 6If you like, you can turn a spoon around and pour the espresso slowly over its back side.
- 7After 1 minute the drink will divide in 3 layers which is very nice!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Latte Macchiato - 3 Layered Coffee
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 119.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant espresso coffee powder