Recipe by Clara12
Sitting in a sunny street cafe, watching people passing by and sipping a good mug of coffee - do you like it as much as I do? Last summer I couldn't get enough of Latte Macchiato (blotchy milk), a wonderful milk coffee from Italy which is very popular in Europe right now. As it is very expensive in the street cafe, I tried to prepare it at home and succeeded. It is no fuss to make if you follow the instructions. Most important for the layered look is to pour the espresso slowly into the foamy milk. Make sure to use heavy glasses which won't break when filling in the hot liquids. Enjoy the summer feeling!
Top Review by Fiona1stharp
I've been trying to make this for a year, ever since I had it at a cafe in Galveston, TX. Have tried several other methods but it never would layer. This worked great first try! I used 1% milk and a hand frother in an Irish coffe mug. Perfect.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk in the microwave or in a saucepan over medium-high heat (do not boil).
- In the meantime prepare instant espresso according to package direction.
- As soon as the milk is hot give it into a blender or food processor and blend on high for 40 seconds or until the milk has a velvety milk foam.
- Fill glasses up to 2/3 with milk foam.
- Now pour hot espresso VERY SLOWLY into the foam, I suggest to pour it from the rim.
- If you like, you can turn a spoon around and pour the espresso slowly over its back side.
- After 1 minute the drink will divide in 3 layers which is very nice!