Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large egg yolks, only
- 2 ounces unsweetned baking chocolate, melted,cooled
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot tap water
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons soft butter
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Beat all first ten ingredients together with electric mixer for 1 minutes.
- Scrape bowl and beat high speed for three minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 70 minutes or until tester comes away clean.
- Cool in pan ten minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Make a glaze with the last 4 items, powder, butter, water, and sugar.
- Beat until smooth, and drizzle over cake.
- Wrap in saran wrap.
- and store in fridge up to one week.