24 hrs 30 mins
The flavor on this is absolutely amazing! More importantly, the texture is great. I've been searching for a nonfat frozen yogurt recipe that doesn't freeze in to a brick after 24 hours in the freezer ... we're 24 hours out now, and this still has a scoopable texture. This can be lightened up quite a bit by using skim milk and nonfat yogurt -- but it may get a lot harder when it's frozen. If you want to try it with all nonfat dairy, try increasing the amount of cornstarch and see if that helps. You can also do as I did, which is to add 1/4 cup Kahlua during the last few minutes of freezing -- it kicks up the wonderful coffee flavor, and helps lower the freezing point.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, instant coffee and cornstarch. Stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture simmers.
- 2In a small bowl, beat egg slightly. Add about 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into egg. Pour egg mixture into pan with remaining hot milk mixture, stirring constantly (beware of curdling!).
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows. Continue stirring until marshmallows are dissolved.
- 5Cool. Stir in vanilla extract and yogurt.
- 6Refrigerate at least four hours (or up to three days). Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 7NOTE: For an extra-special flavor, try adding 2-4 tablespoons of Kahlua about five minutes before the end of the freezing cycle in the ice cream maker. (You can make great homemade Kahlua using Dana's Homemade Kahlua.).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Latte Frozen Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 59.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g