Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
An adapted recipe by Chef Chris Schlesinger author of Let The Flames Begin.
For the Mahi Mahi
- 4 (8 ounce) mahi mahi fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Spice Rub
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder (kick it up with chipotle or ancho)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
For the Avocados
- 2 avocados, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the Salsa
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, pureed
- For the Grill: Heat up the grill. Combine all the spices for the rub and mix until well blended. Rub the mahi-mahi with the oil and spice mix. Then, rub the avocados with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Over a hot grill, cook the mahi-mahi steaks 5 to 7 minutes per side. Grill the avocados, cut side down, for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- To Serve: Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- Serve the grilled mahi-mahi with the grilled avocado half and pineapple salsa on the side.