Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just a simple spice mix to rub on your chicken, fish or beef. Adds a great taste and meats brown really nicely.Can be added before, as a marinade, during BBQing, and passed at the table.
- 1⁄4 cup cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Combine cumin seeds, peppercorns and coriander seeds in heavy med. skillet.
- Stir over med. heat until fragrant and toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Finely grind toasted spices in blender.
- Transfer to small bowl.
- Mix in sugar and salt.