Recipe by Mrs.Jack
This recipe is so flavorful and a nice change from the usual! Also, I’m sure you could use any potato suitable for roasting. I found this recipe on the MountainKing website. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sandi (From CA)
We really enjoyed these slightly spicy potatoes served with filet mignon steaks and chimichurri sauce. I had to omit the cherry tomatoes because I'd already been to the store twice today and couldn't bear returning, but I definitely want to use them next time. I accidentally let a whole clove of garlic slip into the recipe (they were mixed with the onions when I prepped beforehand and I neglected to find that one to mince it with the rest) and it was amazing! I'll use LOTS more garlic next time. Course my neighbors are probably crying over the fumes about now, what with this dish and the chimichurri sauce, but oh well! ;o) Thanks for posting, Mrs. Jack!
- 1 (2 lb) bagassorted fingerling potatoes, washed and cut lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, chili powder, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add fingerlings and onion; toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer mixture to a foil lined baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes. Add tomatoes and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until fingerlings are tender.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add cilantro and lime juice; toss lightly.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.