Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This salad is to die for...its spices are a welcome change to traditional potato salad.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup manzanilla olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a medium size saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch.Lightly salt and bring to a boil.Reduce to a moderate simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender. drain.
- Cut potatoes in halve or quarters, depending on the size, so each piece is about 3/4 and inch.Place in a large bowl with green pepper,onion, manzinilla olives and cilantro.
- In a bowl, whisk oil,vinager,salt and pepper.Gently toss with potato mixture and let stand, covered at room temperature until cool.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.(I prefer chilled).
I never made potato salad before. This recipe was easy and so good! Everyone loved it and I didn't have any left over!