This salad is to die for...its spices are a welcome change to traditional potato salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup manzanilla olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Place potatoes in a medium size saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch.Lightly salt and bring to a boil.Reduce to a moderate simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender. drain.
- 2Cut potatoes in halve or quarters, depending on the size, so each piece is about 3/4 and inch.Place in a large bowl with green pepper,onion, manzinilla olives and cilantro.
- 3In a bowl, whisk oil,vinager,salt and pepper.Gently toss with potato mixture and let stand, covered at room temperature until cool.
- 4Serve at room temperature or chilled.(I prefer chilled).
Browse Our Top Baja Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Latin Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar