Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 6 pork loin chops (1 1/2-inch-thick)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup dried apricot, halved
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- avocado (to garnish)
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium-high heat and quickly brown chops on both sides.
- Remove chops to a deep casserole dish with a lid, mix together all other ingredients and add to casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes, until pork is tender.
- Dish may be uncovered for the last 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve chops with hot cooked rice, sliced avocado, and the fruited pan juices.