Recipe by carolinafan
Don't care for halibut? Prepare this dish with mahimahi, snapper, perch, tuna or swordfish.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs halibut steaks (about 2-1/2 pounds) or 2 1⁄2 lbs sea bass, about 3/4 inch thick (6 small)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green chili salsa (salsa verde, 2 cups)
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- sour cream, if desired
- fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Brush fish lightly with oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Grill fish 4 to 5 inches from medium-high heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Mix salsa, avocado and olives. Serve over fish. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.