Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't care for halibut? Prepare this dish with mahimahi, snapper, perch, tuna or swordfish.
Make and share this Latin Grilled Halibut With Green Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs halibut steaks (about 2-1/2 pounds) or 2 1⁄2 lbs sea bass, about 3/4 inch thick (6 small)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green chili salsa (salsa verde, 2 cups)
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- sour cream, if desired
- fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Brush fish lightly with oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Grill fish 4 to 5 inches from medium-high heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Mix salsa, avocado and olives. Serve over fish. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.