Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
my step mother is from spain and makes this alot its a diffrent but awsome flavor combo tender chicken crunchy onions and peppers ." 'must like cumin"
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- malt liquor (but use dark) or beer (but use dark)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of cumin for marinade
- 1 teaspoon cumin (for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon butter, mixed with
- olive oil, so it wont burn to fry chicken in
- cut chicken up in to chunks or strips.
- put in plastic bag or container and pour the malt liquer over it.
- cut up the onions and the peppers chunks or strips.
- mince the garlic.
- put half the onion and half the peppers and half of the garlic in the marinade.
- add the cumin 1tbls also to meat marinade.
- let meat marinade at least 1 hour.longer if you can.
- drain meat set aside save onions peppers and garlic.
- heat large skillet with butter and olive oil mixture.
- dry the chicken before frying let it get golden brown the beer helps with that dont over crowd the pan or it will steam.
- when chicken is done remove from pan and satue all of the onions and peppers and garlic becareful not to burn the garlic.
- when mixture is crisp tender add back to the pan 1 tsp of cumin the chicken and add the salt and pepper. if you like you can add some red pepper flakes also i do some times.
- serve over rice.