1/1 Photo of Latin Black Beans Habichuelas Negras
Helenic Hottie's Note:
These beans over rice are a staple in my home. They are full of flavor and are super easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans canned black beans (undrained)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper (diced, I put all following veggies in the food processor so the kids don't mind)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 sazon goya con culantro y achiote (in the Latin aisle of your local grocer)
- 1 dash oregano (to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1In a medium sized saucepan, heat oil over Med/Hi heat.
- 2add your garlic, onion and green bell pepper (we call this sofrito) and saute until tender.
- 3add your beans(liquid from beans as well), 2 pks of sazon, oregano, water and sugar.
- 4stir it all up and increase heat to High.
- 5once boiling, lower heat to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 6add cap of vinegar and stir up
- 7serve over rice
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Latin Black Beans Habichuelas Negras
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 413.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sazon goya con culantro y achiote