Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have enjoyed this recipe for years. I think it is the red wine vinegar that makes it interesting and unique. What I like best to do with it is to leave out some of the water to make it thick enough to fill a pita with sprouts and a sweet dressing.
- 1 cup dried black beans
- 8 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup green chili
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Sort and wash black beans.
- Boil in water for 2 minutes. Let rest 45 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, oregano, and cumin. Cover and cook on low for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Add tomato pate, vinegar and tamari. Cook 30 minutes.
- Add chillis, rice, tabasco, and cilantro. Cook 10 minutes more.