Chef PotPie's Note:
From Bon Appetit. My husband and I have been eating this 2 - 3 times per week since I began fixing them this way. We love them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shallots or 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 3/4 lbs assorted greens, stems removed and thinly sliced, leaves chopped (such as kale and Swiss chard)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add red pepper flakes; stir 1 minute. Add kale stems; sauté for 4 minutes. Add leaves and cook, tossing often, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in vinegar. Add butter; toss until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chard Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Late Summer Greens Saute
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.2
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g