Recipe by Chef PotPie
From Bon Appetit. My husband and I have been eating this 2 - 3 times per week since I began fixing them this way. We love them!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shallots or 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 3⁄4 lbs assorted greens, stems removed and thinly sliced, leaves chopped (such as kale and Swiss chard)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes; stir 1 minute. Add kale stems; sauté for 4 minutes. Add leaves and cook, tossing often, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar. Add butter; toss until melted. Season with salt and pepper.