Recipe by RaeMay
My boyfriend got off of work late one night and was pretty hungry by the time he got home. I had all these ingredients around the house and it really came together nicely. You can add or omit almost any veggie!!
- 2 cups whole wheat penne
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Start pasta boiling (if it gets done before your veggies just try to keep it warm).
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Cut veggies into bite size pieces.
- Put veggies into pan with oil and let heat for a couple minutes.
- Add pepper, more if desired.
- Add chicken broth and continue heating.
- Stir occasionally.
- (Add more olive oil or broth if you don't think there is enough liquid).
- Add garlic shortly before removing from heat (just so it doesn't burn).
- After draining pasta LEAVE IN STRAINER!
- Put the strainer over a bowl or container and pour veggie mix over pasta.
- Mix pasta and veggies while in strainer and then dump into container.
- Serve with garlic bread or a light dusting of cheese, would go well with grilled chicken as well.