Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by lazyme
This was a nice rub for steaks. I let the steak sit for about 15 minutes after I added the rub to let the flavor soak in a little bit. Made a great rib-eye with baked potato and salad. Thanks ratherbeswimmin' for a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (11 ounce) rib eye steaks (1 inch thick)
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the rub: in a small bowl, mix the rub ingredients together.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Lightly brush or spray steaks with the oil.
- Season the steaks with the rub, pressing the spices into the meat.
- Grill over direct high heat until cooked to desired doneness; 6-8 minutes for medium-rare, turning once.
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes; serve warm.