1/1 Photo of Last Minute Jambalaya
1 hr 15 mins
On a spur of the moment decision to make jambalaya, I noted to my dismay that I was missing the trinity necessary to make it work, and having those with seafood and bell pepper sensitivities made it more difficult. As Teddy Roosevelt said, "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." This is the result, and it was a success!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups jasmine rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup sauvignon blanc wine (or other white wine you have handy)
- 16 ounces turkey kielbasa, diced
- 16 ounces soy chorizo
- 2 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cooked, diced (leftovers are OK)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Place a dry wok on high heat. After 60 seconds, add the oil; 15 seconds later, add the rice and spices.
- 2Stir fry the rice until it becomes more opaque and browns slightly -- about 3 minutes.
- 3Lift off the heat, add the soy chorizo and white wine. Stir to combine and set back onto the heat for 90 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add in the kielbasa; this, like the soy chorizo, is a heat and eat product, so it does not require any serious cooking/browning time. Toss for another 90 seconds.
- 5Add the tomato sauce, broth, and zucchini. Stir to combine and bring to a low boil, 5-7 minutes.
- 6Add the chicken breast and salt, to taste. Stir, cover, and simmer on low for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Last Minute Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.3
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 979.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: