Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one was clipped from the back of the bag of Skinner Egg Noodles. It's good for an easy, one-pan meal the whole family will enjoy. Prep time includes chopping the chicken.
- In 5-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder; cook in oil until no longer pink, about 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add broth; heat to boiling.
- Add uncooked noodles and frozen vegetables, stirring to coat noodles with liquid.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese until melted.
I made this without the chicken to serve with sliced leftover baked chicken breasts. I only had 1/2 a bag of mixed veggies and about a cup of cheese. Added 2 T butter because it seemed a little dry. Excellent results!
I was skeptical about this one at first, because of the small amount of liquid required. It turned out fantastically well. So well, in fact, that my picky eater requested seconds before she finished her first plate. I did not use quite 2 cups of cheese (only had about 1 1/2 in the house), and it did not affect the finished dish. By using the frozen veggies, the carrots came out less mushy, which was a good thing. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting !!
This was good. I will definitely make it again!