Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
I was at a loss as to what to make for supper so just thought about what I had on hand and this is what I came up with. I used canned peas but I can't see any reason frozen peas wouldn't work just as well or better. I used Club House Roasted Garlic & Pepper One Step Seasonings as well as the pepper but you can use whatever seasoning you choose. (I would think Tex-Mex or Italian seasoning would also work well.)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small cooking onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 large carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- ground pepper, to taste
- Brown the ground beef with the onion.
- Meanwhile, peel vegetables and chop.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer ground beef, potatoes, carrots, and peas in a casserole dish.
- Combine sour cream, ketchup and water. Pour over ingredients in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- Sprinkle Club House Roasted Garlic and Peppers One Step Seasonings (or the seasoning of your choice) over cheese.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Cover; bake for one hour or until ingredients are cooked through.