Recipe by Jen T
A very quick way of cooking carrots for when time is short! I have been using this recipe for 30years LOL. Edited to add: I now have a julienne peeler (like a potato peeler only it cuts nice slim sticks) and this recipe is ideal for cooking carrots shredded with it. :)
Top Review by BarbJG
Awesome recipe!!! I cooked this tonight and my husband (who does not like carrots, or most veggies) ate them! Even said they were good. Very easy to make and a good last minute veggie. I did not have fresh parsley, but added dried and it was very good.
- 4 carrots (peeled and coarsley grated or use a julienne peeler)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- finely chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium size saucepan melt butter with water and add salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, cover tightly and cook over high heat until steam forms, then slowly (lower heat) for 4-5minutes or until carrots are tender.
- (young carrots will not need this long).
- If desired add some finely chopped parsley before serving.
- (There should be no liquid remaining in saucepan at the end of cooking Enjoy:).