Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very quick way of cooking carrots for when time is short! I have been using this recipe for 30years LOL. Edited to add: I now have a julienne peeler (like a potato peeler only it cuts nice slim sticks) and this recipe is ideal for cooking carrots shredded with it. :)
- 4 carrots (peeled and coarsley grated or use a julienne peeler)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- finely chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
- In medium size saucepan melt butter with water and add salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, cover tightly and cook over high heat until steam forms, then slowly (lower heat) for 4-5minutes or until carrots are tender.
- (young carrots will not need this long).
- If desired add some finely chopped parsley before serving.
- (There should be no liquid remaining in saucepan at the end of cooking Enjoy:).
Awesome recipe!!! I cooked this tonight and my husband (who does not like carrots, or most veggies) ate them! Even said they were good. Very easy to make and a good last minute veggie. I did not have fresh parsley, but added dried and it was very good.
This was so good. I used margarine instead of butter, and they truned out wonderful! And so soft! Thanks!
Exactly what I needed, quick carrots!! We were surprised at how good parsely was with carrots! never added it before to carrots. Very good nice simple recipe, and of course the butter made them perfect. Complimented our cod and rice pilaf dinner. Thanks for sharing.