Recipe by The Nocturnal Baker
It's 3 pm on Super Bowl Sunday, and some of us have done nothing to prepare. It happens to everyone; at some point in your life, you will have unexpected guests for some sporting event. Whip up some last-minute chicken wings, for those inevitable times where you end up screaming “You invited WHO over for the game?!"Quick and easy can be prepared ahead of time and finished off when your guests arrive.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
These were incredible easy and very fast. I doubled the recipe to make enough wings for an entrée. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce and Frank's Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce so that the wings were mild enough for my kids to eat. They came out perfectly! I will certainly be making these again and again. Thanks for uploading this great recipe Whisked and Whipped. Made New Kids On The Block tag game.
- 453.59 g chicken wings
- 2 (680.38 g) bottle dark beer
- 236.59 ml barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 28.39 ml Frank's red hot sauce (I used Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place wings in large pot in one layer so that wings are just touching. Pour in beer and enough water to cover the wings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to Medium-High. Let cook so that there is no visible pink, turning frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer wings to plate, cover, and set aside.
- Pre-heat broiler on High.
- In a container with lid, combine BBQ and wing sauce.
- Lightly brush wings with 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Broil on High for 8 minutes, turning half way through.
- Place wings in lidded container with remaining sauce shake to coat thoroughly. Serve hot with your choice of garnish.
- Ms Ines recommends pineapple slices (grilled is best) and plantain chips.
- Tips: For hotter wings, add a 1/8 cup more of wing sauce. Also, you can boil the wings ahead of time and keep refrigerated or frozen and begin at Step 5 with thawed wings for spur of the moment entertaining.