Recipe by SilentCricket
Suppertime was fast approaching and I made this soup from what I had in my cupboard. My family and I thought it was de-licious! You could use any kinds of beans you want for variety and add as much "heat" as you can stand! We loved it with the clone of a famous restaurant's cornbread! (If you wanted a heartier soup, you could add meat).
Top Review by Shellbelle
This was very easy to make and very delicious. Comfort food at it's best. I cut 2 hot dogs into bite-size pieces and added them. I also used a little more sugar, 1-2 tablespoons. I love chili, but I eat mine milder than most people. Wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can 3 bean mix, drained (whatever beans you like!)
- 1 can soybeans, drained
- 1 can diced tomato with juice
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can corn kernel, drained
- chili powder, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar, if desired
- grated cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to large saucepan.
- (Or if you prefer, use water).
- Saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add bean medley, soy beans, tomatoes, and soup.
- Season with chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- (If desired, add sugar) Simmer soup on low, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or so; long enough for the flavors to come through.
- Stir in corn and heat through.
- Serve in bowls with grated cheese and dollops of sour cream, with chunks of cornbread on the side!