Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
No, not Lassi the Indian favorite. This is an idea i came up with when i was trying to find the perfect mixture. Lassie as an all time favorite, just as Lassi, but it is richer and sweeter and more a desert than a drink, but seriously, i just needed a catchy name. Please watch your favorite Lassie TV series while enjoying!
- 100 g mascarpone cheese
- 3 teaspoons cream
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 ripe banana
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 300 ml sparkling water
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200 g ice cubes
- 1⁄2 cup plain puffed rice cereal
- Add cream to mascarpone cheese and stir inn saffron until the texture soft and creamy.
- Peel and cut the banana into slices.
- Put cheese mixture, banana, frozen blueberries, sparkling water, splenda, cardamom and lemon juice into your blender.
- Add ice cubes until they are well crushed.
- Pour sugar free chocolate flavoured syrup into the blender and stir in to swirl. Do not blend completely!
- Fill into 4 milkshake or long drink glasses.
- Sprinkle with plain puffed rice cereal.
- Serve right away.
Used real sugar, frozen mixed berries and berry flavored sparkling water. Left out the puffed rice, but plan to use grape nuts next time for a little crunch. I served it as a dessert and it really hit the spot on that hot and humid evening. Nice flavor and texture. :)
This exotic Lassie was rich, thick and creamy. I found the most predominate flavors in the drink to be the banana and cardamom. The chocolate swirl made for a very pretty looking drink. I omitted the puffed rice. All said, a nice breakfast that was very filling. Good luck in the contest.