Recipe by diner524
A recipe I came across while searching for recipes of India and it is from "whats4eats.com". Here is what is stated: "Lassi is a cooling yogurt beverage originally from the northern part of India. Traditionally lassi is unsweetened and has a pinch of salt and some spices mixed in. More recently, sweetened fruit lassis have become very popular drinks, both in India and around the world."
- 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon rose water (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 cup fruit, of your choice chopped
- 5 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 9 -10 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Place all ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 2.One by one, add the ice cubes and blend further until they are broken down into a slush.
- 3.Serve in a tall, cold glass on a hot, hot day.
- •Plain Lassi: eliminate the sugar, fruit and rosewater. Substitute a pinch of salt and some toasted cumin seeds.
- •Bhang Lassi: a traditional lassi with cannabis extract and ground almonds. Used in the religious festival of Holi.
- •Good fruit choices are mangoes, papayas, strawberries and melons. Or try using lemon or lime juice. You can use anything you like really.
- •Add a pinch of ground cardamom, a few strands of saffron or some chopped mint if you like.