1/4 Photos of Lassi (Indian Yogurt Drink)
A recipe I came across while searching for recipes of India and it is from "whats4eats.com". Here is what is stated: "Lassi is a cooling yogurt beverage originally from the northern part of India. Traditionally lassi is unsweetened and has a pinch of salt and some spices mixed in. More recently, sweetened fruit lassis have become very popular drinks, both in India and around the world."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11.Place all ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 22.One by one, add the ice cubes and blend further until they are broken down into a slush.
- 33.Serve in a tall, cold glass on a hot, hot day.
- 5•Plain Lassi: eliminate the sugar, fruit and rosewater. Substitute a pinch of salt and some toasted cumin seeds.
- 6•Bhang Lassi: a traditional lassi with cannabis extract and ground almonds. Used in the religious festival of Holi.
- 7•Good fruit choices are mangoes, papayas, strawberries and melons. Or try using lemon or lime juice. You can use anything you like really.
- 8•Add a pinch of ground cardamom, a few strands of saffron or some chopped mint if you like.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lassi (Indian Yogurt Drink)
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 87.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: