1 hr 25 mins
Adapted the recipe from one I found an old cookbook. This is a very flexible recipe, you can use almost any type of meat, and different sauces. Experiment with added vegetables/ cheeses/ spices and herbs! Can be prepared in advanced and frozen. This can also be fun to make with children, they enjoy getting messy and rolling them up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed (optional)
- 16 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 lb hamburger, cooked, drained
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese (drain and rinse cottage cheese) or 1 cup cottage cheese (drain and rinse cottage cheese)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water until completely cool; drain thoroughly.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Squeeze as much water as possible from the thawed spinach.
- 4In a large bowl, stir together the spinach, 8 oz mozzarella, ricotta, hamburger, and 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce until thoroughly blended.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Line the bottom of an 11x7-inch baking dish with 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- 7Divide the mixture among the pasta, spooning the mixture down the center of each noodle.
- 8Roll each noodle (like a jelly roll) arranging the rolls side by side in a baking dish.
- 9Coat the shells with an even layer of the remaining tomato sauce.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 11Bake until the center of the rolls are heated through and the sauce is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
- 12Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagne Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1068.9
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 148.6 mg
- Sodium 1702.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 69.5 g