Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adaptation of Jan's Lasagna--I wanted to make it lighter. The spicy turkey sausage is Italian sausage.
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb spicy turkey sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 6 lasagna noodles
- In a bowl combine ricotta and egg substitute, 1 cup of the mozzarella and some chives. mix well and set aside.
- Cook sausage and drain fat.
- Add onions, garlic, green peppers, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and oregano and mix well with sausage. Simmer for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Combine the grated carrot with the pasta sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to directions on box.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray pan.
- Beginning with layering 3 strips of pasta on bottom, then spread pasta sauce, ricotta cheese mixture, then the meat.
- Spread remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve.