1/2 Photos of Lasagne a La Courgette
1 hr 15 mins
merron-iru kami's Note:
The humble zucchini gets a lovely make-over in this beautiful lasagne. It is impressive enough to serve to guests, but easy enough to make for your family on a busy night, as it does not require you to pre-boil your lasagne noodles. I keep one in my freezer "just in case". It makes a filling supper when coupled with a salad - the meat-eaters in your life won't even notice it's vegetarian!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb curly lasagna noodle
- 3 medium zucchini, juilenned (I use the food processor)
- 1 carrot, finely grated (optional)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces skim milk ricotta cheese (I often make my own fresh farmer's cheese and substitute that)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups tomato sauce (canned will work, I make my own)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare vegetables if you have not done so already. Place them in a large bowl, salt them lightly and set aside.
- 3Blend ricotta cheese, egg and all spices in a food processor or beat by hand until smooth. Add cheese mixture to zucchini and blend to incorporate.
- 4Add water and pasta sauce, stir to combine. Add 1 cup of thinned sauce to the bottom of your lasagne pan, spreading it out to evenly coat the pan.
- 5Now, begin layering uncooked lasagne noodles, then a third of the zucchini mixture, then another cup of sauce. Repeat until you run out of noodles (it should make approximately three layers).
- 6Cover the pan tightly with tin foil and bake for one hour. (Lasagne may be frozen at this point). Just before serving, sprinkle with shredded parmesan (if using) and return to the over to bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagne a La Courgette
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 893.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: