Prep 50 mins
Cook 40 mins
House favorite! Serve with a salad. Make ahead directions.
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 10 ounces lasagna noodles
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- Brown crumbled sausage then add next 5 ingredients (garlic, basil, salt, tomatoes, paste). Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cook lasagne noodles till tender. Drain and rinse.
- Combine Ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, parsley, egg, salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 noodles in 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Spread with 1/2 ricotta filling.
- Layer with 1/2 the Mozzarella then 1/2 meat sauce.
- Repeat the layers.
- Bake at 375°F degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let Stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Note: Make extra sauce (or heat up jarred sauce) for serving.
- •To make ahead: Prepare the lasagna and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Cook at 350°F degrees covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for an additional 20 minutes.