1 hr 20 mins
A new variety to an old classic. I never thought of combining these ingredients in my lasagna, and I wasn't disappointed. I used Ricotta in place of Bel Paese cheese--feel free to use cottage cheese or whatever your heart desires. Recipe courtesy of 101+ Hurry Up Hamburger Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes (or whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained)
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces bel paese cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (or Grana Padano Cheese)
- 1Prepare Bechamel Sauce first: Melt butter in small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Gradually blend in 3/4 cup milk. Season to taste with white pepper. Cook until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Set sauce aside.
- 2Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until tender.
- 3Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add tomatoes, celery, carrot, and basil.
- 5Reduce heat to low.
- 6Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- 7Remove cover and simmer 15 minutes more.
- 8Arrange 1/3 of the lasagna noodles in bottom of buttered 13x9 inch baking dish.
- 9Add 1/2 cup of the Bel Paese cheese (I used Ricotta instead) and 1/2 of the eggs.
- 10Spread the Bechamel Sauce.
- 11Top with layer of noodles.
- 12Dot with butter.
- 13Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake in preheated 350 oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
- 14Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna With White and Red Sauces
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.4 mg
- Sodium 321.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bel paese cheese