Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this online a few years ago. I have no idea on what web site, but it was attributed to a registered dietician named Jodie Shield. I lost the recipe and re-found it recently. My husband was thrilled to have this one back. My toddler said "Is just like pizza!" It's fabulous!
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage link
- 16 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 dry lasagna noodles
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 16 ounces shredded low fat mozzarella
- 52 ounces pasta sauce (2+ jars)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the sausage on the stovetop.
- Drain off the fat.
- Mix the eggs, the ricotta, and the parmesean cheese together until very blended.
- Coat an 8x12 inch pan with spray.
- Layer 4 noodles on the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1/2 the cheese mix, 1/2 the spinach, 1/2 the sausage, 1/2 the shredded mozzarella, and 1/2 the pasta sauce in that order.
- Add the next 4 noodles and repeat the layering process.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through and bubbly.
I enjoyed this dish. I needed to cook it a little longer than the 45min. Or next time I will cook the noodles, one or the other. I also did not use both jars of sauce. There was no room on top, I had spillage as it was. I used a standard 8X12 inch glass casserole pan. I will be using this recipe again, Thankyou Ladypit for submiting it. I think I will adapt it for a 9X13 because down the road my growing kids are gonna want more than this little pan provides :)