Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Go BU! A girl named Susan, had given this recipe to me in the early 1980's. Actually, she made it for a dinner and we all watched. It was great so we all got the recipe after. FYI: This is one of those recipes where you don't boil the noodles first.
- 9 lasagna noodles, 1 box
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix spinach with ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, egg, and oregano in a bowl.
- In a 7" X 11" baking dish or pan, place a layer of tomato sauce, then layer dry noodles over that, then put the cheese mixture over than and repeat, remember to lay noodles in a vertical direction then in a horizontal direction, etc.
- Around the edges of the pan add 1/2 cup of water and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil away from you.
- Put mozzarella cheese on top and broil for only a little while to melt.