1/1 Photo of Lasagna With Saucy Sausage, Peppers & Onions
1 hr 15 mins
DH loves his lasagna with meat and lots of sauce. So if you like it that way this ones for you! I've made this with uncooked noodles and cooked. You pick! I find the uncooked ones a bit starchy but it's quick and easy. If using cooked noodles you can cut back on the sauce. The uncooked noodles will absorb the sauce. But be sure to let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting into it. I use a deep pan so it doesn't flow over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g lasagna noodles (uncooked if time limited or follow cooking directions on package)
- 453.59 g hot sausage (I mix both) or 453.59 g sweet sausage, sliced (I mix both)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1892.0 ml of your favorite red pasta sauce
- 473.18 ml ricotta cheese
- 946.36 ml grated mozzarella cheese, divided (3 cups & 1 cup)
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided in half
- 2 eggs
- 1Cook sausage, onion, peppers, and garlic in a pan over medium heat till it is no longer pink and veggies are tender.
- 2Drain fat.
- 3Add sauce to sausage mixture.
- 4Mix ricotta cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, eggs and parsley.
- 5Spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of a 13x9x3 pan.
- 6Top with 4 noodles.
- 7Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture on noodles follow with 1/3 sausage mixture repeat 2 more times.
- 8Mix remaining 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- 9Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top.
- 10Place foil on a cookie sheet and place lasagna on foil loosely cover with additional foil and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 11Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- 12Remove and let set for 15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna With Saucy Sausage, Peppers & Onions
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1023.4
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 215.8 mg
- Sodium 2446.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 51.3 g