DH loves his lasagna with meat and lots of sauce. So if you like it that way this ones for you! I've made this with uncooked noodles and cooked. You pick! I find the uncooked ones a bit starchy but it's quick and easy. If using cooked noodles you can cut back on the sauce. The uncooked noodles will absorb the sauce. But be sure to let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting into it. I use a deep pan so it doesn't flow over.
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles (uncooked if time limited or follow cooking directions on package)
- 1 lb hot sausage (I mix both) or 1 lb sweet sausage, sliced (I mix both)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quarts of your favorite red pasta sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided (3 cups & 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided in half
- 2 eggs
- Cook sausage, onion, peppers, and garlic in a pan over medium heat till it is no longer pink and veggies are tender.
- Drain fat.
- Add sauce to sausage mixture.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, eggs and parsley.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of a 13x9x3 pan.
- Top with 4 noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture on noodles follow with 1/3 sausage mixture repeat 2 more times.
- Mix remaining 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top.
- Place foil on a cookie sheet and place lasagna on foil loosely cover with additional foil and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove and let set for 15 minutes before slicing.