2 hrs 45 mins
Josette Jackson's Note:
A light and lively pasta dish which my twin sister and I who share a passion for cooking developed. It takes a bit of prep work but is well worth the effort. Leftovers if there are any can be very successfully frozen. We developed this recipe using a basic lasagna recipe taught to us by our old family friend from Bologna and lightened it up a bit and added a bit of zip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 stalk carrot
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can tomato paste
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 4 cans water
- 1Bolognese Pasta Sauce: In food processor or blender, puree onion, celery, carrot, and garlic.
- 2Cover bottom of heavy saucepan with olive oil, saute veggies in hot oil approximately 15 min.
- 3Add turkey and saute until done; season with S&P.
- 4Pour in white wine and deglaze until wine evaporates; pour in can of paste and stir in 4 cans of water.
- 5Add fresh parsley and simmer partially covered until thickened, approximately 1 hour.
- 6Pesto: Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Bechamel: Melt butter in small saucepan, stir in flour and cook 5 minutes until mixture just starts to color.
- 9Pour in milk, S&P, and stir until thickened, approximately 10 minutes.
- 10Stir 1 cup pesto sauce into Bechamel.
- 11Assemble lasagna: (the secret is to apply thin layers of sauce), in a baking dish approximately 11 X 13 place: 1st layer: Bolognese sauce, 2nd layer: lasagna sheets, 3rd layer: Bechamel/pesto sauce, 4th layer: Bolognese sauce, 5th layer: parmesan cheese, Repeat layers 2 through 5 until baking pan is filled.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 50 to 60 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- 13NOTES: An option would be to layer with spinach, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, or any single or combination of vegetables along with the Bolognese meat sauce or a simple marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna with Pesto Bechamel and Turkey Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.2
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 355.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: