Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you like pesto, this is the one for you! Each lasagna noodle is filled, rolled and arranged vertically for baking. Originally from a May 1979 issue of Bon Apetit.The lasagna can be assembled a day ahead.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3-1 cup full-bodied olive oil
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely diced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb lasagna noodle, cooked al dente and cooled
- For the Pesto Sauce:.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender or processor, adding enough olive oil to make a smooth, thick sauce; set aside.
- For the Lasagna:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a shallow, 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the ricotta,parmesan and mozarella cheeses, parsley, onions,egg yolk and herbs with salt and pepper to taste in large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Spread portion of cheese filling over each lasagna noodle,
- Roll up individually, jelly roll fashion, and stand vertically in single layer in baking dish.
- Pour pesto over and bake, covered, 30-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and heated through.
- Let stand about 8 minutes and serve with additional freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.