Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Maybe you'll miss the sauce in this lasagna. I thought I would when trying this out for the first time but it was OK. What makes it a bit different is that it is assembled on the plate instead of the whole thing cooking in the oven. Mostly lasagna is made for a crowd and I liked this cause it suited the two of us.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into thin wedges
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- 6 ounces ball mozzarella cheese, torn into chunks
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 6 sheets of fresh lasagna noodles
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put all the vegetables into a roasting tin, drizzle generously with olive oil and roast for 35-40 minutes.
- Add the mozzarella and bake for a further five minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- While roasting, cook the lasagne sheets in plenty of water for four minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the lasagne and drizzle with olive oil to prevent the sheets from sticking together.
- Assemble the dish by placing a sheet of lasagne on two serving plates.
- Top each with a spoon of the roasted vegetables, a sprinkling of parmesan, some pine nuts and ground black pepper.
- Repeat and finish with a third sheet of lasagne on each plate.
- Top with parmesan and fresh basil and serve.