Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Pillsbury favorite...this recipe uses a simple and delicious meat layer, but instead of lasagna noodles, it uses Pillsbury biscuits! Sounds interesting enough to give it a try. Let me know!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onions or 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can Green Giant mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) canpillsbury golden layers refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion until thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, basil, 1 teaspoon parsley flakes, oregano, salt, garlic salt and pepper; mix well.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine cottage cheese and spinach; mix well.
- In ungreased 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish, layer half each of meat mixture, cottage cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese; repeat layers.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 layers; arrange biscuits over cheese layer, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley flakes.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.