Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
I saw this being made on a television show "Everyday Gourmet" and want to try it. A friend has a very similar recipe, which she made and am posting the version she used. A little different to the one I saw, but I am told it was wonderful.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 large celery rib, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, seeded, finely diced
- 600 g atlantic salmon
- 300 ml fish stock
- 250 g mascarpone
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄4 cup extra parmesan cheese, to serve
- fresh pasta, sheets
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, carrot, celery and tomato, and cook for 2 minutes. Push vegetables to the side and lightly fry salmon for 2 minutes on each side, pour in the fish stock and cover.
- Bring the stock to a simmer and cook until fish is almost cooked but still pink in the middle. Remove the fish onto plate and let vegetables continue cooking until very soft and 1/4 of liquid has been absorbed. Remove pan from heat and place vegetables in a large bowl and reserve the cooking liquid.
- Flake salmon and mix with cooked vegetables. Whisk the mascarpone with the egg yolks, egg, zest, parsley and parmesan in a bowl and season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Pour one spoon of cooking liquid into bottom of.
- ovenproof dish to keep moist. Lay the pasta sheets and spread with vegetables and then the salmon, then the mascarpone mixture and repeat until all mixture has been used, finishing with pasta sheets. Pour some cooking liquid over top and scatter with parmesan. Bake until golden and warmed through (about 12 minutes).