Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A delicious and rich lasagna. My family constantly requests it when we have our family do's. Very moreish! I am not sure of the measurement for the pasta sauce, so I have listed it as 375mls - but basically I mean a jar of raguletto or dolmio sauce.
- 500 g minced lean beef
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 small green capsicum, diced
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 375 ml of ready made pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules, diluted in cup water
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 750 g light ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- light mozzarella cheese
- grated vintage cheddar cheese
- shaved parmesan cheese
- lasagna sheet
- salt & pepper
- Saute onions, capsicum, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until translucent, add grated carrot and stir through until wilting.
- Brown mince in same pan and mix through.
- Add basil, oregano, Italian herbs, stock and pasta sauce and simmer on low for 30 minutes stirring regularly. Add more water if needed.
- Let mince mixture cool to room temperature.
- Empty ricotta into a large bowl and fold two eggs through the mixture.
- Lightly grease a large oven dish for lasagna.
- Spread a small amount of mince sauce over the bottom of oven dish.
- In order layer the following:.
- Lasagna sheets.
- Mince (on top of lasagna sheets, covering all edges).
- Ricotta mix (spread evenly over mince).
- Cheddar Cheese.
- Repeat order until all used up. I usually get about four layers and always finish with the cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven on 200 degrees celcius for 40 minutes Then reduce heat to 180 and cook for a further 10 minutes with foil on, then remove foil and cook for a further 10-15 mins until cooked. Replace foil and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.