Recipe by Arenee104
I was watching "Inedible to Incredible" with my daughter and they made this lasagna - something like it anyway. The recipe on their website is missing items from the ingredients list and VERY heavy in prep. So I simplified and altered it heavily. My family loved it! Hard to believe lasagna can be this good and not loaded with cheese!
- 1 lb ground meat (I used venison)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup white wine
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles or 8 ounces dry lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Meat Sauce: Brown ground meat until no longer pink. Drain off fat, if any, and add the white wine. Cook, stirring bits up from the bottom, until the wine has evaporated. Add spaghetti sauce, bring to a simmer, move to back burner, turn heat to lowest setting, cover.
- Bechamel Sauce: In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk flour into butter and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk, continuing to whisk until the mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, reduce heat to lowest setting, cover.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring water to a boil and prepare dry noodles according to package directions. If using no-boil noodles, take boiling water off heat, add noodles, cover and let sit for 5 minutes before assembling lasagna. I left the no-boil noodles in the hot water during assembly, using tongs to grab, drain and layer noodles as I went.
- Assembly: Use 8x8, 7x11 or similar sized pan. Line bottom of pan with noodles, add about 1/2 cup of meat sauce, then layer about 1/2 cup of bechamel sauce on top. Repeat these layers until all the sauces are used up. Sprinkle the top layer of bechamel with parmesan cheese. Don't fret if there are leftover noodles.
- Bake 40 - 50 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.