Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
easy lasagna, freezes well.
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (I forgot to add this)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves (forgot this, too)
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground Italian sausage
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- brown italian sausage in pan. drain grease.
- mix cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, and spices together.
- spoon spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a lasagna sized pan. lay down 3 dry noodles.
- Layer cottage cheese mixture, then mozzarella cheese, then ground beef, artichokes, and finally sauce.
- finish with one more layer of noodles, lots of sauce, and parmesan cheese.
- Thaw, pour 3/4 water around edges of lasagna. Bake covered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve.
Very yummy lasagne, I loved the addition of the artichokes. Froze well.