Recipe by Benssooners
I think the sour cream and green onions on the top of this dish is what my wife loves most about it. My daughter said its her second favorite dish she's ever ate (she loves regular lasagna, that's her number one.) I've seen my wife eat the leftovers the next day for lunch and dinner over freshly prepared food. I usually take the left overs to the guys at my work, one guy said he could eat it until he got sick.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 12 ounces dry lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 16 ounces salsa
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 bunch green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven temp to 350 degrees cook meat, drain fat. In same pot add meat, beans, taco seasoning, green chilies (juice and all) and two tablespoons salsa until heated, mixing well. In a greased lasagna pan, start with uncooked lasagna, top with meat mixture 1/3 of the grated cheese. Repeat 2 more times. Combine salsa with 2 cups water, pour over the top. Cover tightly with foil, bake for 1 hour. Uncover, top with sour cream, sliced green onions, sliced black olives and remaining cheese. Cook for 10-15 minutes longer.