Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
On those days you crave lasagna, but don't have the time it takes to make it, you can use this recipe. It's all of the taste without the work.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cook pasta to direction on the box, keeping it
- slightly undercooked.
- While the pasta cooks brown the ground turkey.
- until no longer pink.
- Add the minced garlic to the meat.
- Mix the jar of sauce with turkey and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and put it back to the cooking pot.
- Mix the ricotta cheese and pasta together.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of sauce and meat mixture.
- on the bottom of a lasagna baking dish.
- Layer half of the pasta mixture in the dish.
- Sprinkle pasta with some shredded cheese.
- Layer half of the sauce and meat mixture.
- Repeat the layers.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, top with remaining shredded cheese and
- bake for another 5-10 minutes,until cheese melts.
Whether you call this lasagna or not, I call it good! I wanted to make it vegetarian, so I replaced the ground turkey with an equal amount of diced crimini mushrooms which worked really well. I used roasted red pepper marinara sauce and just baked for 20 minutes uncovered which worked great. Thanks for the recipe!
Lasagna is made with wide lasagna pasta. This recipe of yours may be tasty, but it should not be called lasagna.