Recipe by Nancy Sneed
My husband and kids ask for this over and over. It's an easy and delicious meal, just add salad and garlic bread. Prep time includes cooking the noodles and onions and garlic. This makes enough for us to eat 3 or 4 meals when it's just my husband and I. Freezes well.
Top Review by Spencer #2
Pretty average lasagna recipe. Proportions seemed wrong. Guests commented that it needed more meat. One pound of lasagna noodles is too much. It was swimming in spaghetti sauce. I might like it better if made with the same ingredients in different proportions.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese or 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 lb) package lasagna noodle, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, cook ground beef/sausage, onion& garlic in oil. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
- In bowl, mix ricotta, spinach and 1 cup mozarella, all of parmesan and eggs.
- In 9x13 baking dish (or smaller dishes as needed), layer 2 cups sauce, half of noodles, half of remaining sauce, all of spinach mixture, half the mozzarella, remaining noodles& sauce.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until hot.
- Uncover, top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- **To freeze: Bake, cool, wrap well, and label. freeze up to 2 months. *Note: You can assemble and freeze without cooking and cook on the day to be eaten!
- To serve, defrost overnight and then bake at 350F until warmed through, or bake from frozen for 1 hour and a half.
- Note: you can also microwave individual servings!