Recipe by BamaBelle30
Tip: Lasagna can be assembled, covered and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 375°F oven 60 minutes or until bubbly.
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Cook meats, onion and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is brown, stirring to separate meat. Drain fat.
- Add tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, basil and marjoram. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 minutes, stirring often. Stir in mushrooms; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Beat eggs in large bowl; add cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place half the noodles in bottom of greased 13X9-inch baking pan. Spread half the cottage cheese mixture over noodles, then half the meat mixture and half the Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake lasagna 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.