Recipe by LAURIE
Easy way to have Lasagna taste without the hassle. Kid friendly pasta dish!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Tastes. and even sort of looks like lasagna. I doubled this and used a 13 x 9 dish. The only thing I added was some crushed garlic to the meat sauce. My kids call bow tie pasta "butterfly" noodles, so we lovingly named this "butterfly lasagna." Thanx! :)
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, farfalle
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces lean ground beef or 8 ounces turkey
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, your choice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese or 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease 8x8 square baking dish.
- In large pot boil 4 qts water and partially cook pasta for half of the directed time.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in beef or turkey and cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and partially cover the skillet.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl mix ricotta or cottage cheese with egg and Parmesan.
- Drain the pasta throughly.
- Layer half the pasta in the pan.
- Spoon cheese mixture over the pasta.
- Spoon half the meat mixture over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella.
- Make another layer with the remaining pasta, then the meat then the mozzarela.
- Cover pan with foil, spraying the inside facing the cheese with pam.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until heated through.